Intensive Programme on Poverty and Social Exclusion (IPPSE) 1.09.2011-31.08.2012
Tallinn Health Care College participates in Erasmus intensive project INTENSIVE PROGRAMME ON POVERTY AND SOCIAL EXCLUSION (IPPSE), during the period 1. September 2011 - 31. August 2012.
The objectives specified in the project documentation are as follows:
- to enhance interdisciplinary cooperation between health care, rehabilitation and social work;
- to develop strategies and exchange expertise on a community based approach and a strategy of empowerment;
- to confront students and staff with the benefits of interprofessional, international and intercultural exchange and dialogue;
- to enhance the awareness and knowledge of the question of poverty and social exclusion by means of interdisciplinary, multiactor and intrernational exchange;
- to enhance the competencies to step across the borders of disciplines, organizations and cultures to understand the paradigms of different professions and cultures, to open a dialogue and to exchange ideas and expertise;
- to exchange expertise in the field of poverty and social exclusion on an evidence based approach;
- to increase capacity building for new partners in the consortium;
- to develop the framework of the COHEHRE Academy and stimulate partnership of COHEHRE members.
The partners in the project are diferent higher education institutions from Europe:
1) Hesinki Mtropolia University of Applied Sciences, Soome
2) University College Arteveldehogeschool, Belgium
3) Semmelweis University Budapest, Hungary
4) Hogeschool Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5) University of Vic, Spain
6) Portuguese Red Cross Health School, Portugal
Tallinn Healrth Care College participates in IPPSE subproject ICHCI-3 (Topic: Interprofessdional Program on Poverty and Social Exclusion), the college representatives are Moonika Viigimäe (work area: Health Public Policy) and Pille Javed (work area: Social determinants of health; Health promotion strategies to prevent social exclusion; Community empowerment).
20.05.–1.06.2012 students of the Chair of Occupational Therapy Agne Adler, Kaupo Pilder, Mari-Anne Pregel, Liis Reiter and a student of the Chair of Nursing Sandra Oppar participate in the "Intensive Programme on Poverty and Social Exclusion (IPPSE)" at the Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland.
16-18.11.2011. Head of chair Moonika Viigimäe and lecturer Pille Javed from health promotion chair participate on the organizing meeting of Cohehre Academy’s „Intensive programme on poverty and social exclusion (IPPSE)” in Groningen, Holland.