Project name: Baltic-Nordic collaboration regarding the alignment of standard knowledge within the field of sensory integration at the bachelor and postgraduate level - BANISTER
Project ID: 2019-1-EE01-KA203-051673
Project duration: 01.09.2019-31.08.2022
The aim project was Baltic-Nordic collaboration regarding the alignment of standard knowledge within the field of sensory integration at the bachelor and postgraduate level.
The objective of this project was to develop a sensory integration (SI) basic course curriculum which consists of three five-days modules (9 ECTS) for the promotion of knowledge and professional skills within the field of sensory integration. Themes of the modules were SI and neuroscience, SI assessments, SI intervention. Basic courses was conducted in Estonia and in Sweden, where students of partner universities and working occupational therapists can participate. The project also included normative data collection of the EASI (Evaluation in Ayres Sensory Integration) assessment to reliably assess key sensory integration functions on children. The results of the project were be presented in 2022 in the first Baltic-Nordic Sensory Integration Congress in Estonia.
Project team in Tallinn Health Care College:
- Grete Eiche, occupational Therapist Curriculum Lecturer-teacher, contact email@example.com. Project coordinator, responsible for content activities.
- Hanna-Maria Põldma, Head of the Occupational Therapist Curriculum, Senior Lecturer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsible for content activities.
- Õie Tähtla, Life-long Learning Centre, Lecturer-teacher, contact email@example.com. Responsible for content activities.
- Helena Tigerstedt, occupational Therapist Curriculum Lecturer-teacher, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsible for content activities.
- Sensit Arbetsterapi AB
- University College Copenhagen