- Study Counselling
- sharing information on the organization of studies
- sharing information regarding students` practical training
- planning, extending or interrupting academic leave
- calculating and selecting student`s study load
- performing subject assessments, liquidation of study depts
- exclusion from the list of students (exmatriculation)
- studying abroad as an exchange student (student mobility)
- recognition of prior learning and work experience (RPL)
- counselling for students with special needs (specific information on learning characteristics, possible aids and/or adaptations)
- in the case of dysgraphia/dyslexia, the College offers linguistic support while studying at the college. For consultation, you must fill in the application HERE.
Most of the study counselling is done by the Study Department.
Office hours for students Mon-Fri 10:00-12:30, 14:00-16:00
Main contact regarding studies in English (Assistant Pharmacist) is Miili Tammeveski. Questions regarding the specifics about the curriculum of Assistant Pharmacist (studies in English) you can refer to the head of the curriculum Monika Drews.
Topic Contact Study counselling (Assistant Pharmacist (English), master`s studies, vocational education (PRÕM groups)) Miili Tammeveski Study counselling (nursing in professional higher education) Särel Teede Study counselling (professional higher education studies excl. nursing, vocational education) Keidi-Riin Unt Admissions Gerdu Jaansalu Practical training Kaisa Saarmann email@example.com International cooperation, exchange studies, practical training abroad Technical and user support (Tahvel, EHIS, SAIS, homepage) Asko Kesk User support for study information system Tahvel Matteus Elbrecht Technical and user support for e-platform Moodle Heli Raun Time schedules and subject programmes Kristiina Puura Administration of student data, curricula, student counselling and feedback Kristiina Pullerits Document management Kadri Ausmeel Management of the study department, solving complaints Jaana Sepp
It is also possible to contact the relevant structural unit with questions.
- Psychological Counselling
- problems with personality development (self-esteem, developmental crises, loss of motivation, problems with self-assertion etc)
- psychological support for conditions caused by health disorders (acute or chronic illness, stress, depression etc)
- crisis care (difficult life events such as serious illness, deaths, grief, divorce etc)
- learning problems (time use and planning, examination or performance anxiety, finding cognitive techniques for meaningful acquisition of study material etc)
Psychological counselling is meant only for students/employees at Tallinn Health Care College. The service isn`t provided for people outside of the college.
Psychological counselling is offered in the Tallinn and Kohtla-Järve unit. The duration of one meeting is 45-90 minutes and the suitable time is planned at mutual agreement. Outside study buildings, it is possible to organise psychologists` appointments on location or to provide online counselling over Skype/Zoom. The goal of psychological counselling is to support students/employees with difficulties in their personal lives and/or coping with situations and studying/teaching. Counselling is provided for different problems, if necessary, referrals to other specialists are provided (psychiatrist, crisis counsellor, victim support specialist etc). All employees and students are the target group for services; counselling is for free, independent of form of study and work load including students on academic leave.
According to the problem, resources and effectiveness of coping the number of counselling and frequency is set by the psychologist. Time and location is agreed only via e-mail.
When coming for contact counseling, please wear a mask.
Pre-registration is required. One counselling session around 45-60 minutes. Depending on the case the time can vary. Counselling appointments on Wednesdays 08:00-15:00 in Tallinn. Mourning counselling takes place as soon as possible (also on other days of the week according to the situation and opportunites).
In addition to the above-mentioned counselling topics, it is possible to get counselling in case of a pregnancy crisis.
If the student's/employee`s place of study is outside Tallinn, it is possible to agree on a time for online counselling (counselling via Skype or Zoom).
Marika Merits firstname.lastname@example.org
(ET, ENG, RUS)
Pre-registration is required. One counselling session 60-90 minutes. Counselling hours by agreement in Tallinn, crisis counselling will take place as soon as possible.
If necessary, online counselling is available via Zoom/Skype.
Kairi Lenk email@example.com
Pre-registration is required, counselling in Kohtla-Järve unit. One counselling session around 45-60 minutes.
If necessary, online counselling is available via Zoom/Skype.
Tatjana Vetštomova firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Counselling
- educational and working life abalysis, planning and goal setting;
- learning and work experience, skills and taking them into account;
- career opportunities and prospects;
- work ethic values, tehir design;
- long-term and short-term career goals;
- work motivation, competitiveness;
- counselling for students with special needs
Job offers sent to Tallinn Health Care College (ET): https://ttk.ee/kuulutused
Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund - Eesti Töötukassa
Eesti Töötukassa provides career services such as career information and career counselling. If you wish to receive personal support for managing your career, planning, getting to know yourself or preparing for an interview or receive information on study or employment possibilities, an individual career service is appropriate for you.
Read more on career services HERE.
Tutors i.e. student counsellors are students who have received respective training to guide first-year students and foreign students.
The aim of the tutoring system is to support first-year students, boost their ability to cope and therefore reduce the drop-out rate.
A tutor helps first-year students adapt to the process of learning, explaining how to find the necessary information, the basics of the organisation and planning of studies. Tutoring also includes helping the students solve problems that can arise when commencing studies.
You can contact a tutor for advice and guidance via e-mail or agree on a meeting. If the tutor is not able to answer your question(s) straight away, they will find the answer(s) or direct you to a respective employee of the college. Communication between a tutor and a student is confidential. You don`t have to choose tutor from your speciality, tutors are trained to mentor all students.
Name Speciality Contact Gerle Aljas General Nurse email@example.com Mart Vestli Assistant Pharmacist firstname.lastname@example.org Iris Pilov Health Promotion email@example.com Olari Malt Health Sciences (Master`s studies) firstname.lastname@example.org Liisen Kaasikmäe Health Promotion email@example.com Johanna Martsoo Health Promotion firstname.lastname@example.org Kristiina Puura Occupational Therapist email@example.com Tabita Räppo General Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org Regle-Teele Raja Assistant Pharmacist email@example.com Diana Teniste General Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org Janne Sutting Health Promotion email@example.com Piret Tiit Health Sciences (Master`s studies) firstname.lastname@example.org Anna Marie Koorits Health Promotion email@example.com Anastasia Beloussova Health Promotion firstname.lastname@example.org Kulla Ilumäe Health Promotion email@example.com
In order to become a tutor you must:
- pass the optional subject "Tutor training" (5 ECTS, counselling students and foreign exchange students)
Volunteering as a tutor enables you to:
- Do something interesting besides attending classes
- Broaden your horizons
- Develop presentation skills
- Advise and help first-year students and foreign exchange students
- Develop communication and counselling skills
- Meet different people
- Complete tutor training (including 5 ECTS as an elective subject)
- Add an experience to your resume
Further information and questions: Grete Sõõru
Ordering a student identity card: https://www.isic.ee/en/order-a-card/
Information about studying abroad: https://ttk.ee/en/intern-coop-exchange