There will be no application period in 2023!
Watch the recording of introduction hour HERE!
At Tallinn Health Care College, admission is a constant process, which takes place during different admission periods around the year. Most admissions require an Estonian language certificate, but as of spring 2021, the admission is open for English-speaking candidates as well. English speaking candidates can apply to our new curriculum - Assistant Pharmacist (Professional higher education). Read more about applying to Assistant Pharmacist curriculum HERE.
Nominal length of study: 3 years
Language of studies: English (in Tallinn).
Assistant Pharmacist curriculum in English is unique in the Baltic Region and will be carried out for 3 years in a system of study cycles, including contact studies and mostly independent work and e-learning via Moodle and web-based seminars (e.g. Zoom).
You can see the specific information about contact studies and e-learning periods grouped by semesters and weeks HERE.
During the contact studies period students will take part of lectures, seminars and practical work in modern and well-equipped laboratories for example in chemistry, botany, phytotherapy and pharmaceutical technology. In addition to practical assignments in laboratories the students will have Pharmacy Practical Training (35 ECTS) which can be fulfilled in Estonia or other countries. Every year different field trips take place to introduce different aspects of pharmacy assistant profession and pharmacy industry.
The curriculum is focused on pharmacotherapy, pharmacology and phytotherapy. All lecturers of the curriculum are acclaimed professionals from different countries as well as from Estonia with long work experience in different academic fields and professional work. Students can take part of research projects, conferences and speciality events. Interdisciplinary studies help students to recognize problems outside their own profession and develop cooperation between different health care professionals.
Assistant Pharmacist curriculum is fee based.
Please note that the tuition fees apply to all students (domestic and international). The application fee invoice will be sent via e-mail after we have received the candidate's application within a few working days.
- The application fee is 50€, which is non-refundable. If the candidate proves admissible, the tuition fee will be less by 50€ in the first year of studies.
- The tuition fee is 2700€ per semester (5400€ per year).
Aim of the curriculum
The aim of the curriculum to train assistant pharmacists with professional higher education, who are ready to work in general pharmacies but are also able to work in pharmaceutical and health care companies involved in handling medicines, medical products and health care products and to equip them with the resources required to maintain and develop their professional skills.
Learning outcomes of the curriculum
1. Knows medicines, their composition and is familiar with the technologies of manufacturing medicines.
2. Is capable to explain to clients about the effects of medicines and herbal medicines and instruct on their safe administration, possible side and adverse effects and usage in prevention and treatment of diseases.
3. Is competent in dealing with ordering, receiving, preparation and dispensing of medicines in the pharmacy, is familiar with the registration, marketing and legislation concerning medicines.
4. Knows the technologies of extemporaneous manufacturing of medicines, knows how to prepare them and is capable in evaluating the quality of medicines by organoleptic and routine physical and chemical methods.
5. Is cognizant with the main professional problems concerning the work of an assistant pharmacist and is able make suggestions to solve them, is able to in one’s professional work to use the knowledge of other fields within one’s competences and if useful consult the representatives of other professions.
6. Is capable of orally and in writing to explain profession-related problems using professional information technology tools and communication techniques; is capable of critical thinking, i.e. assessing information and applying research information to his or her work.
7. Has appropriate communication and teamwork skills and is capable in working in a multiprofessional group. Possesses the basic skills of management and entrepreneurship necessary for working as an assistant pharmacist.
8. Is capable to competently use professional sources of information and supporting materials to solve problems arising in the work, understands the need for lifelong learning and keeps abreast of professional development.
9. Has formed a professional identity and understands his or her role and responsibilities as an expert in the field of health care.
Read more about applying to Assistant Pharmacist curriculum HERE or watch the introduction of the studies:
Watch the recording of introduction hour HERE!
Students can use the help of tutors to get to know college life and different possibilities to get used to student life and study organization rules in Tallinn Health Care College. Different counselling services are available for psychological, professional and technical difficulties. During the 3-year program, students can take part of Estonian Language courses to obtain C1 level for working in Estonia. Students can be accommodated at Student Hostel, which is located near the College.
If you're interested what others think about Tallinn Health Care College, watch their stories here:
Aurélien and Pauline: